I recently got a new Dell Axim x51v PDA, which is great, and ever since I have found myself spending countless hours trying to tweak it:
- It took me a little while to figure out the Wi-Fi Internet (at first I tested it in places in which the Wi-Fi didn't work), so I ended up driving around looking for hotspots.
- I installed iSilo reader so I can read books in PDB format.
- I installed a Palm emulator called "StyleTap", allowing me to run Palm utilities.
- I tried reading Hebrew web-sites (the PDA was purchased in the US). The installed IE failed to display Hebrew at all. The Opera mobile browser displayed hebrew characters, but left-to-right (meaning reversed). So far all my inquiries led me to believe I need to purchase a commercial Hebrew support, which is a bit expansive for someone just looking to browse the web.
- What consumed most of my time was trying to get the PDA and my PC to allow me to surf the web using a Bluetooth USB dongle I have. So nothing worked. After reading this post I'm inclined to think this can't be done using my current dongle (from BlueSoleil).